There are ten self-esteem tips that are almost foolproof! If you are looking to
increase your self-esteem
, you have to be willing to stop tearing yourself down and start building yourself up instead. If you implement each tip into your everyday life, you will be on the road to a
in no time!
1. Make sure that you are loved. How do you do this? First, YOU LOVE YOURSELF.
2. Listen to your inner voice. If it is constantly negative, you need to change the way you think!
Practice self affirmation
until you train your inner voice to say
3. Learn to appreciate yourself the way you are. Don’t let the outside world make you feel that you are falling short of attaining some impossible standard by not being the ‘right’ size or having the ‘right’ things!
4. Respect yourself. Treat yourself like you would another person - this means no talking down to yourself or beating yourself up! If you
others will too.
5. Realize that having
means more options, not less. You can resist the urge to give in to temptation by finding other things to do that will enrich your life! This takes the focus off of the ‘I must not’ and puts it on the ‘I can’.
6. Make a decision to be happy. You can change your way of looking at things if you try. The key is to start being aware of the ways your subconscious is influencing you, and to turn the negative thoughts and feelings into positive ones.
7. Take control of your
. Don’t let misplaced feelings of guilt, shame or unworthiness keep repeating in your
- learn to give positive feedback to yourself, and change the words you hear from down-putting to uplifting.
8. Be the one in charge of deciding if you are a good person, a pretty one, a smart one. When you allow others to judge you or put you down, you are helping to drag yourself deeper into insecurity and self doubt. Believe in yourself, and the rest will follow.
9. Take your own advice. How many times have you told someone else that they need to lighten up, to enjoy life, or to have confidence and believe in themselves? Aren’t you worth the same amount of attention and care?
10. Share the love. The wonderful thing about learning how to raise your own self-esteem is that you can help teach others. Often all that is needed is one kind word or gesture of belief to put another on the track to rebuilding their inner self. This in turn simply proves your own worth to yourself, and the cycle continues!
Use these self-esteem tips and you will enjoy the benefit of looking at the bright side of life.
What is self-esteem? - Let's figure it out!
Return home from self-esteem tips