There are plenty of children activities to choose from if you are looking for a way to alleviate boredom in your children. Here are some suggestions for both outdoor and indoor activities:
If weather permits, there are many ways to spend time with your children outdoors.Depending on the age of your child, choose from the following
• Bike riding – A circle around your neighborhood can be just as entertaining as a ride on a bike trail.
• Fly a kite – This is a great way to get some fresh air on a breezy day
• Hop scotch – This is a good choice if you have preschoolers. They also love to draw pictures on the sidewalk with chalk.
• Hiking – Here’s a way to get both fresh air and exercise.
• Blow soap bubbles – Entertain small children just by walking outside your front door with this simple activity.
• Gardening – Children love to learn how things grow. Get them involved not just in planting seeds but in watering the plants and pulling the weeds.
Different outdoor activities may be available in your area, such as a trip to the zoo or horseback riding. Most children love taking a trip to the park to ride swings and go down slides. A family picnic is a simple way to get outdoors. Are there wild ducks or geese that you can feed? Maybe your family could take a weekend camping trip and go fishing or canoeing. If you live near an airport, children often enjoy watching planes take off and land.
A rainy day is no reason for boredom, because there are plenty of children activities that can be done indoors. Here are a few suggestions;
• Bake cookies – Try your hand at baking cookies from scratch.
• Build a jigsaw puzzle – Stimulate your children’s minds as well as yours.
• Play computer games – Plenty of free games are available online.
• Color pictures or paint – Some type of artistic activity will entertain children for hours.
• Make up stories – As much as children love to read, they love hearing stories you made up even more. Some children enjoy telling their own made up stories.
• Dance – Dancing is a great way to release tension in both yourself and your children.
There are several places you can bring your children to amuse them indoors. The public library is one choice where there is no charge, and there are often activities held there such as story hour. Does your area have a children’s museum? Or you could choose an activity as simple as a walk around the mall.
If you want to stay home, you could always rent a movie or play simple card games like Go Fish.
When you’re looking for activities that children will enjoy, money doesn’t have to hold you back. You can spend a lot of money if you want to, but you really don’t have to. After all, children activities are fun to do and what your child wants the most is some of your time.