If you are a woman with low self-esteem, I have to tell you that you are not alone. Many strong, well-respected and smart women have some issues with their low self-esteem. Even if they look so self confident on the outside they have their own fears and anxieties to struggle with on a daily basis.
Low self-esteem affects every aspect of your life.
Why is that?
There are many possible answers to this question:
1. Women’s role has changed in our society. Their responsibilities are way more complex than were even couple decades ago.
2. Body image, self-image. Media shows a very “bad” example of how you should look, how you should dress and how you should behave. This artificial illusion of a perfect woman overshadows the real values and destroys completely one’s own self-worth and self-acceptance. Do not pay attention to it.
3. Biological or physiological changes.
4. Opinion of other women. Gossiping and jealousy are probably the most common self-esteem issues in women. When you find yourself in a situation that sends negative “vibes” to you take the necessary steps to get out of it.
Besides these reasons of course very important how you connect with your family, friends and co-workers. These relationships all influence your mood and your readiness to do your best at all time.
Here are some tips for a woman with low self-esteem;
1. Be proud of yourself. Look at your accomplishments instead of thinking about your failures. (There is no such a thing like failure. Failure is just a learning curve to take for discovering what not to do in the future.)
2. Examine yourself. What do you like about yourself? What are your best qualities to be proud of?
3. Negative situation. Get out of it. Interrupt the flow of the negative pattern and do something else, think about something else or go somewhere else.
4. Set reasonable goals. Slightly challenging, but you can do that.
5. Talk to other women with similar issues or challenges.
6. Start small and go big. You will be surprised how big you can go with constant, focused effort.
For further information, please visit the following links;
Media and body image
Self confidence techniques
Self confidence tips
Teenage girls' self-esteem
Inspirational quotes for women
Obesity and self-esteem
Self-esteem issues in women
Dating with low self-esteem Return to home page from woman with low self-esteem