Improving low self-esteem starts with you and your decision to make some changes. Without your involvement it is simply impossible. If you hesitate to start your journey to build confidence it will be a tough challenge to create a feeling and an environment when you will feel good about yourself.
You have to get to the point where you can honestly say; “I am ready and willing to make some effort to change my life for goods”. If you have that strong desire, inescapable feeling of doing what you have to do, you are on the right track. The reason why we do things when we know we should not is that we feel pleasure doing that. We have to change our thinking and acknowledge that short term pleasure will cause us long term pain. And we do not want to suffer on a long run, right?
Think about how much pain your behavior can cause you and how much pleasure you would have by not doing certain things or changing your behavior and mentality. Improving low self-esteem is a must to live a happier life. I’ll give you some tips to think about and even if you just use one or two of these techniques it can have a significant affect in your life.
1. CELEBRATE LIFE. Enjoy the moment. Have fun in any situation you are involved in.
2. BE PROACTIVE. Be in charge of initiating things to happen.
3. LISTEN. This is one of the most important advices anybody can give you. In our society not that many people are listening. Be curious about others and you will get attention just by listening.
4. LOWER DOWN YOUR EXPECTATIONS. Do not try to be perfect. Do not try to have a list of hundreds of things that has to come together for you to feel satisfied.
5. CONTRIBUTE AND PARTICIPATE. Always try to give first and do not expect anything in return for your services. Enjoy the art of giving. Participate in events in your community.
6. AFFIRMATIONS. Use positive affirmations to “wire” your mind.
7. BE AROUND POSITIVE PEOPLE. Spend most of your time around people who you can learn from. Look for values in people.
8. LOVE WHAT YOU DO and DO WHAT YOU LOVE. You have to figure out what it is and do it. The ultimate pleasure is to do what you really want to do.
9. RECOGNIZE YOUR IMPORTANCE. You are who you are and you are an important part of the society.
10. POSITIVE THINKING. Look for the advantage in any situation.
11. LISTEN TO MUSIC. Music is magic. Music is life. All human emotions are in there. Use it as you need it.
Improving low self-esteem is not easy. Some cases are more serious than others. Some time you just need an act, an event, a person or a word to trigger your mind and to change it forever.
There are some other ways for improving low self-esteem; asking questions, paying attention on your mood changing and going to your core belief to change the patterns, your negative associations.
Once you find these negative patterns, you can change them. You have to have the determination to discover the reasons behind your act and transform them into your advantage.
1, Let’s say that you are a salesman. What are you selling? Cars, houses, flowers. No, you are selling yourself. You are selling your service which is your attitude, your behavior. Every single person is a salesman. If you love what you do, if you smile you radiate positive energy toward people who you associate with. When you go to the grocery store, talk to your mechanic, wait in the line at the bank you are selling yourself. Just think about it for a second.
2, Let’s say that you are an entrepreneur. What does it mean? It means that you are your own boss, you choose your attitude to deal with challenges and you are the person who makes decisions based on the circumstances. Do you have to have your own business to do that? No. Even if you work for a Fortune 500 company and you have a boss who tells you what to do, you are the one who makes the decision how to do that. For improving low self-esteem you have to realize that you are your own boss who will handle the situation. Every single person is an entrepreneur.
3, Let’s say that you are a psychologist. What do you do? You help people to overcome obstacles in their life. Help them to heal, to change their attitude and you give them positive support to solve “problems”. You listen to them, ask questions about their life, childhood, relationships, mother, father etc. After collecting the information you give them a solution, some advice what they can do to improve the quality of their life. Do you think that you are your own psychologist? I think we both know the answer is “YES”. In that sense you are your own doctor as well. You have to dig as deep as possible into your mind to find your core belief, to find the #1 reason you are the most enthusiastic about. Do what you love to do.
So if you are your own salesman, entrepreneur, psychologist and doctor who else do you need to help you out?
You have to start the healing process for improving low self-esteem as soon as possible. You will find lots of free information about how to start your “transformation” in this website. There are many useful ways to improve self-esteem. Educate yourself, read, listen and talk to people, but please remember that at the final moment you have to make the decision. You are your own “healer”. You are the one who will choose pleasure instead of pain. Self-discovery and self-creation is a wonderful journey so